Services for Off-Campus Library Members
- Full text journals, streaming video and other online collections: use OneSearch and check the box for “Full Text Online.”
Articles and Book Chapters
Articles and book chapters will be scanned and emailed to you at no charge by our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services. Materials not available at Hollins may take 2-4 weeks to obtain, so plan your research early.
Your local public library can borrow books from Hollins, from Roanoke College and many other libraries using Interlibrary Loan; this is a fast, efficient and free way to get the books you need.
Request Books by Mail
If local Interlibrary Loan is not available to you, we can mail books from the Hollins and Roanoke collections to your home. You will only be responsible for the cost of return postage to the library.
To have our books mailed to you:
- Fill out the online request form*, AND
- Send an email with your mailing address and contact information to the ILL Office, or call (540) 362-6239.
*The online request form is the same Interlibrary loan form as is used for on-campus requests. In your email to us, please clarify that you are an off-campus student, requesting the mailing of on-campus materials.
To renew books which you have borrowed directly from Hollins:
The return address for mailing books back to the library is:
Wyndham Robertson LibraryHollins University
7950 E. Campus Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24020
Using Other Academic Libraries
The VIVA Cooperative Borrowing program lets current Hollins students borrow materials on-site from participating Virginia college and university libraries. More information on VIVA Cooperative Borrowing.
To search the collections of academic libraries worldwide, use Worldcat.
Other Hollins Support Departments
- Hollins IT Help Desk: (540) 362-6538 or email@example.com
- Moodle support: Brad Oechslin, (540) 362-6020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hollins Writing Center: (540) 362-6387 or email@example.com
Last updated: October 25, 2017 at 8:56 am