What is OneSearch?
OneSearch is the system for searching our library’s materials, both physical and online. You can now search everything we have with one search box (hence the name, OneSearch).
|An Overview||Finding Books|
|Searching for Articles||My Account|
How do I use OneSearch?
Go to the library’s homepage at library.hollins.edu, type your search terms in the OneSearch box, and you’re off!
Wow, this returned a lot of results – how can I narrow things down?
Here are some quick ways to narrow down your results:
- Use the drop-down box next to the search bar to limit your search to just articles, books, films, or course reserves.
- Select filters on the left-side of the results page to limit to just full text, a specific author, date range, or journal title.
- Finally, OneSearch works the same way our databases work – you can always narrow your results by adding keywords or making your keywords more specific.
Can I still get books from Roanoke College?
Yes! Note that you must sign-in before you can click the “Request” link. To sign-in, use the “My Account” button in the top right of the page or use the link in the yellow banner that displays when you click on a title. After you sign in the “Request” link will appear in the “Get It” section for each book.
This is great, but I’d like to search specific databases – how can I do that?
For in-depth research you may find that it’s easier to search our subject-specific databases.
Are there any new features for faculty and staff?
Yes! Faculty and staff can now request items from the library for delivery to your campus office by using OneSearch! Use the “Request” link in the “Get It” section, and Hollins’ books, films and other materials will be delivered within 48 hours (weekdays). Remember, you must be signed in to your account for the request link to appear. Item pickups should still be requested using the FLEX (Faculty Library EXpress) form.
I’m a library power-user, how can I learn more about OneSearch?
Excellent question! We have a few different options for you:
- Check out our video tutorials. These are short introductory videos that can serve as a quick-start guide.
- Ask the librarian at the Reference Desk for help either in person or via chat. Click on the “Ask the Library” link on our homepage to chat; if you would like to speak to us in person check the Reference Hours below the chat box.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask specific questions or ask to set up an appointment with a librarian.